Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The September Issue Recap

The September Issue Recap

The September Issue Recap

As September is coming to a close and fall is in the air you might be wondering how can I take the 1400+ pages from Vogue & InStyle and apply it to my fall 2014 wardrobe?

You might also notice that there is lots of leather, faux fir and metal used in fall fashion this year.  It looks like the models are extras out of Game of Thrones.  Here is a recap of what I saw and items you can afford in the stores.

Leather:

The biggest trend this fall is leather, leather, leather.  I have seen it in jackets, skinny pants, skirts, tops, dresses and more.  I have also seen it in black, rust, navy and many other colors.  I highly recommending investing in one new piece with leather or fake leather this fall.  Piperlime and BR , & J Crew have the best variety of options right now.

Quilted:

Another big trend I have seen is quilted.  I have seen it in skirts, vests, purses, and outerwear.   I love the texture and I bought the quilted faux leather skirt from Banana Republic since it hits two trends at once.

Lounge wear

This fall sports or lounge wear is HUGE!  It is even reported that denim sales are down for the first time in years due to lounge yoga pants & leggings! I love this more causal twist to fall fashion.  I also have embraced wearing my metallic van sneakers to work with a skirt.  It is a fun why to freshen up your current wardrobe and be comfortable.

 Houndstooth:

I  love houndstooth and I think this classic print never goes out of style.  I highly recommend picking up something in houdstooth.  I have a skirt but I love adding it in small amounts like accessories.  You see it a lot at J Crew, BR, and Ann Taylor right now.

Texture:

I love the mixture of texture this fall instead of a huge mix of color.  The biggest one used is faux fir in coats.  It adds the warm and a layer of sophistication to a classic outfit you own today.  Gap has come great outdoor coats to buy as well as BR and Piperlime

Gold:

Mixing metallic is huge but gold is the big metal used in everything.  Move over silver and gunmetal since gold is back.  It is used a lot with black, clear or pearls which adds a little edge to a classic piece.  You will also see smaller necklaces instead of the large chunky ones of past seasons.  BR, JCrew, & Ann Taylor have some great options.  Don't forget to also shop at J Crew Factory as well.  The clothes and accessories are cheaper and great quality.

Animal print

I love animal print the new print I have seen used the most is leopard or cheetah.  Great in small amounts and always in style.  Ann  Taylor has lots of options for sale now.

Mid length skirts

I love skirts and the newest length which is mid-length is a nice change for fall.  It works great with heels, boots or oxfords.  I have found Piperlime and JCrew have some of my favorites in both leather and wool texture.

I know I have been enjoying adding a few pieces here or there in my wardrobe to freshen things up for fall.  Share with me what new trends you are going to give a try.

Below are some of my favorite fall items I would recommend trying!


J Crew vest
factory.jcrew.com


Skies Are Blue fur coat
piperlime.gap.com


Gap
gap.com


Leather skirt
factory.jcrew.com


J Crew long skirt
jcrew.com



Banana Republic pencil skirt
bananarepublic.gap.com


J Crew pointed toe flat
net-a-porter.com


Ann taylor pumps
anntaylor.com


Vans shoes
stories.com


Banana Republic crossbody purse
bananarepublic.gap.com


Banana Republic gold jewelry
bananarepublic.gap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment